Almond Butter Breakfast Cookies
½ cup almond butter
1 cup dates
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
½ tsp baking soda
1 1/12 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 315. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Soak Dates in warm water for 30 min.
- Place dates, almond flour, baking soda vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend well until a thick dough is formed. Will have to stop periodically to scrape sides.
- Fold in the cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Using hands, create a small ball of the mixture about the size of a golf ball and place on baking sheet. Flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 min until golden in color.
- Let cool for 15 min before eating as the cookies will be crumbly.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. (doubt they will last that long, they are too good!)
Zucchini Breakfast Cookies
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, dairy free
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, add maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Mix well. Add eggs and mix into maple syrup mixture.
- Add in flours, baking soda, cinnamon coconut and salt.
- Fold in the zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and generously scoop mixture with spoon . Flatten onto baking sheet to be approx. 2 inch round circles.
- Bake for 35 min until tops are golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 min as cookies will still be soft.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup warm unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pecan pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients except the pecans in a small bowl and mix well.
- Top with pecans.
Energizing Green Smoothie
- 1 green apple
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and enjoy! Serves 2.
Cranberry Coconut Granola
- 2 cups of large flake gluten free oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pecans
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and mix together.
- Melt coconut oil in glass dish.
- Add coconut oil to dry mixture and toss until fully coated.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 35 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Use on top of yogurt, smoothie bowls or chia pudding.